Why choose the STEEP School Direct PGCE course?
Successful applicants accepting a place on our course will:
- Be allocated a place at one of our six outstanding Maintained Nursery Schools, where you will join a team of experienced, specialist professionals who are passionate about Early Childhood Education.
- Receive high quality support and mentoring throughout your training and benefit from the expertise of Senior Leaders across all six settings.
- Track how children are supported and develop over the course of an entire academic year and how strong relationships with families is central to this.
- Complete a Reception and a Key Stage 1 placement, equipping you well to work in a Nursery, Reception and Primary School environment.
- Join our alumni of highly regarded Early Years specialist teachers where 100% of our STEEP students gain employment in their specialist area.
- learn about the very latest theory and research, on which our teaching rests
- have the opportunity to reflect on what theory looks and feels like in practice.
- join Goldsmiths, University of London’s Primary ITT programme, with full access to University services and facilities, benefitting from the expertise and the research profile of the Goldsmiths’ Primary team
- focus on 3-7 year-olds (Foundation Stage/Key Stage 1) and spend time working with very young children
- cover the National Curriculum subjects, including the three core areas of English, Mathematics and Science with additional sessions relevant to teaching in the Foundation Stage
In addition to the University based taught input you will:
- receive bespoke input from the STEEP partners and attend staff meetings and school in-Service training in their host school
- attend the annual STEEP Conference, which has an attendance of over 200 and will be able to hear from leading Early Years academics and practitioners
On completing this course you will be well prepared to lead your own class with strong principles of practice, enabling you to provide high quality Early Childhood Education.