- This event has passed.
Safeguarding Course (Level 3) – Refresher for Designated Safeguarding Leads
December 12 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm£60
This course is suitable for those in role as Designated Safeguarding Leads in their school or setting. Delegates must already have completed a Level 3 Safeguarding course.
AIM OF COURSE:
This course is designed to be a refresher for existing DSL’s to update their training. Suitable for Designated Leads in schools and settings and will draw on lessons from research and serious case reviews.
SPECIFIC LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Understand the role of the Lewisham Safeguarding Children’s Board and safeguarding procedures
- Understand the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Recognise and respond to signs and symptoms of abuse, including female genital mutilation
- Respond to disclosure of suspected abuse and the barriers that might prevent disclosure
- Understand the importance of keeping records
- Understand the importance of appropriate information sharing and inter-agency working
- Clarify the legal and policy frameworks underpinning safeguarding
Daphne McKenna – Training in Practice, in Partnership with STEEP